Glee Top 10 Musical Moments of 2010
Glee top 10 musical moments of 2010, enjoy you gleeks.
It is that time of year where we look back recap the best parts of 2010. Everyone is coming up with top lists and some, as you might expect, are more interesting than others. Today E! put out their top 10 list of the best Glee musical performances of the year. From Heather Morris‘s Britney Spears performances to Lea Michele taking on Madonna, let’s take a look at it and see what we’ve got.
We will work backwards from the bottom to the top with this Glee recap:
10. Madonna’s “Like a Prayer.” The Glee cast does it as a choir and includes a Lea Michele solo for a very effective version.
9. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Gleeified version of Cee Lo Green’s “Fuck You.” On Glee, it was “Forget You.” Who knew Gwyneth could sing like this?
8. From the Rocky Horror Picture Show episode it is “Sweet Transvestite.” It was interesting because in the movie the role is played by a man, but it is handled here by Amber Riley who really shows off her chops.
7. Naya Rivera and Amber Riley team up for the classic Ike and Tina Turner song “River Deep, Mountain High.” The two really rock it and even knock out some Tina Turner dance moves.
6. Florence + The Machine’s “Dog Days Are Over” brings the whole group together again for a little song and dance that shows the Glee cast falling in and out of love.
5. Never afraid of controversy Glee knocked out Madonna’s “Like a Virgin” which shows many members of the cast, teachers and students alike, losing their virginity.
4. Kevin McHale finally gets to show off his dance moves in episode where his character Artie comes to grips with being in a wheelchair. His version of “Safety Dance” starts a flash mob in a crowded mall.
3. The most talked about episode of the season was the Britney Spears episode. It had a few memorable numbers but none as impressive as Heather Morris’s version of “Me Against the Music” where she channels her inner sex kitten and has it tangle with her inner Britney Spears. She isn’t as abtastic or sexy as she is her other Britney song “I’m A Slave 4 U”, but she really shows off her dance moves here and it has great ending.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow returns to the list here as she teams up with Matthew Morrison for a pretty hot, interesting smash up of “Dancing in the Rain” and Rihanna’s “Umbrella.”
1. E!’s top musical moment of the Glee season is Darren Criss’s take on Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream.” It is the point in the season where Kurt realizes that he could switch schools and be okay, not to mention his major crush on Criss’s character. This is also the bestselling track from the Glee season.
Speaking of selling well, Glee also dominated on the iTunes charts this year. Within about 48 hours of an episode airing the songs would be on iTunes. Week in and week out they would chart in the top 10 bestselling tracks of the week on iTunes and often at least one song from each episode would top the charts. They sold like crazy and just seemed to get bigger and bigger as the year went on. It will be fun to see what they have in store for us when they return to the screen after the New Year.
Other Articles You May Be Interested In: