The Amazing Race 17 Recap: Bridge Repelling Swedish Fish
The Amazing Race 17 returned last night and had teams set to race to the border of Sweden and Norway.
Last night the host of The Amazing Race 17, Phil Keoghan let the teams know that they would be running for the border as they raced from Sweden to Norway.
With the departure of Connor and Jonathan last week, 8 teams were left as took place in an Amazing Race around the world. The first to depart on this leg of The Amazing Race 17 were the two doctors, Nat and Kat.
The first clue last night had the teams racing to a gondola station in Norway. Once there, they must take a ride up the mountain to their next clue box. Nat and Kat were the first at the station and Nat had to overcome her extreme fear of heights.
Once the two doctors made it to the top of the mountain, they opened the clue box and had the option to do a fast-forward. If they complete the task, they will get to skip all other challenges and head to the pit stop of last night’s leg of The Amazing Race 17.
Nat and Kat arrive at the Fast Forward and find out that they have to eat an entire sheep’s head. Of course, Kat has not eaten meat in 22 years but sucked it up and they finished the challenge. The doctors headed straight to the pit stop where Phil Keoghan told them that they were the 1st team to arrive.
With 1st place out of the way lets see how the rest of the teams did on last nights Amazing Race:
- Brook and Claire – The two crazy TV saleswomen were at it again on this leg of The Amazing Race. Brook and Claire were the 2nd team to acquire the clue as they took the gondola ride to the top of the mountain. When it came to the Detour challenge, Brook and Claire lost position and arrived at the bridge repelling challenge in 4th place. They struggled with the bridge challenge but managed to finish it. Having picked the Boat challenge, watching Brook and Claire climb up a steep incline with a chainsaw and 2 giant fish was the funniest thing. They arrived at Phil Keoghan and claimed 5th place in last nights Amazing Race episode.
- Mallory and Gary – The father daughter duo managed to make it to the top of the mountain in Norway in 3rd place as they received their next clue. Gary was chosen to do the bridge-repelling Detour and went head to head with Kevin. Mallory and Gary arrived in 4th place at the Detour and chose to do the Bike challenge. It was now a race to the finish line as Jill and Thomas were just ahead of the father/daughter team. Once they met Phil at the pit stop, they were told that they had made it in 2nd place for last night’s leg of The Amazing Race 17.
- Michael and Kevin – Close on the heels of Mallory and Gary, this father son team arrived at the top of the mountain as the 4th team. Kevin managed to get to the end of the repelling line first and was just ahead of Gary. Off to the Bike or Boat detour! Michael and Kevin arrive at the detour in 2nd place and choose to do the Boat challenge. They must navigate a boat to a marked spot on shore and then carry 2 large fish and a chainsaw to a cabin at the top of a serious climb. Evidently the Boat challenge took a little longer than biking because Michael and Kevin arrived at the pit stop in 4th place.
- Jill and Thomas – Upon arrival at the bridge-repelling detour, Jill and Thomas were in 5th place. Could they overtake Brook and Claire for 4th place? They sure did as Thomas blew through the repelling obstacle. Once at the Detour, they chose to do the Bike aspect and jumped into 3rd place. Having gotten lost on the way to the pit stop (the were in 2nd place), Jill and Thomas arrived and took 3rd place.
- Nick and Vicki – The two dum-dums arrived at the top of the mountain and decided that they were going to attempt the fast forward challenge. I don’t think they understood that only one team could do the challenge, as when they got there they were confused as hell. The door said “Fast Forward Taken” and they just didn’t know what to do. Instead of waiting around, Nick and Vicki headed to the bridge-repelling detour. After a struggle doing the bike challenge, Nick and Vicki managed to arrive at the pit stop in 6th place.
- Chad and Stephanie – For Chad and Stephanie, last night’s episode of The Amazing Race 17 was a constant battle. While they blew through every challenge, they were constantly fearing Katie and Rachel passing them. However, Chad and Stephanie managed to complete everything with haste and took 7th place.
- Katie and Rachel – The two volleyball players were the last to leave the Pit Stop from last week and it turned out to be their downfall. They were unable to pass any of the other teams and remained in last place for the entire episode. Once they reached Phil Keoghan at the pit stop, he let them know that they were eliminated from The Amazing Race.
The Amazing Race will return next Sunday night at 8|7c on CBS.
Other Articles You May Be Interested In: