Top 5 Elizabeth Taylor Films
Elizabeth Taylor’s Top 5 films of all time.
In light of Elizabeth Taylor’s recent death at 79, here is a list of the top 5 films she ever made. I will countdown the Top 5 Elizabeth Taylor films starting at #5 and ending with my favorite. I hope you all enjoy my tribute to an amazing woman:
- Suddenly , Last Summer (#5) has Taylor cast as a potential victim, Catherine Holly, who was witness to a terrible event that has Mrs. Venable (Katherine Hepburn) wishing to force her into having a lobotomy. Crazy plot and even better performance.
- National Velvet (#4) is another masterpiece by Elizabeth Taylor. She plays a very sweet and innocent character, Velvet Brown, who inspires Rooney with her warm heart and faith.
- Cleopatra (#3) comes in at third, as Elizabeth Taylor’s portrayal of the seductress was poignant and very memorable. Glamorous does not begin to describe Taylor’s allure, as the Egyptian queen.
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (#2) comes in at a close second, as Taylor’s portrayal of Maggie Pollit earned the star a well-deserved Oscar nomination. Taylor plays the wife of Brick Pollit, an alcoholic. Taylor’s role is complex as she both resents her husband for his mistakes but loves him and wants him to recover.
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (#1) is arguably Elizabeth Taylor’s best film. Taylor plays one half of a very bitter couple (her counterpart is played by Richard Burton), who suck another couple into their twisted trap as they endeavor to make the world miserable with them. It’s a brilliant film, and if you haven’t yet seen it, you need to.
Today we lost a great human being and actress, Elizabeth Taylor will be forever immortalized in her films.
Other Articles You May Be Interested In: